Sons of Malcolm: Dan Glazebrook Explains Ayn al-Arab (Kobane), Syria On Press TV
Crescent International: Buffer zone as part of imperialists’ plan to attack Syria:
“The idea of a “buffer zone” on Syrian territory at the Syria-Turkish border first broached by President Recep Tayip Erdogan of Turey during his visit to the US last month has now been formally embraced by the US and Britain.
As with numerous other developments, the excuse this time is the Takfiri terrorists’ advances in the border town of Kobane. A predominantly Kurdish town, it has been under the control of the Democratic Union Party (PYD) headed by Saleh Muslim.
The PYD is a close ally of the Kurdistan Workers’ Party (PKK), the Kurdish group that the Turkish state is at war with. The PYD’s power base is Rojava.
Since mid-July 2012, when the government in Damascus decided to withdraw its forces from the Kurdish majority areas of Syria, it led to the creation of three Kurdish cantons—Afrin, Kobane and Jazira.
While American B-1 bombers have been attacking takfiri positions in Kobane, Turkish troops and tanks near the town sit idly and merely watch American planes fly overhead.
In Washington, Pentagon spokesman Rear Admiral John Kirby said the situation in Kobane was not ideal and expressed frustration that in the absence of ground troops, progress against the takfiris may be limited.
At the same time, US Secretary of State John Kerry said today “The buffer zone… is an idea that’s out there, it’s worth examining, it’s worth looking at very, very closely.”
In order to buttress the argument for the “buffer zone,” Kerry exaggerated the number of refugees from Kobane claiming millions had fled (the actual number is 200,000). While millions of Syrians have been forced by nearly four years of fighting, Kerry said these refugees “should not be a problem which is thrust onto Turkey, Lebanon, Jordan, where they bear an incredible burden.”
So what did Kerry propose to do about the refugees?
“If Syrian citizens can return to Syria and be protected in an area across the border, there’s a lot that would commend that. You’d have to guarantee safety, that there wouldn’t be attacks by the government… so it needs a thorough examination. We’re all in favor of looking at this very closely.”
Syrian government forces have not attacked the refugees. Instead, they left the area more than two years ago. It is the US-Israeli-Saudi created and financed takfiris that are causing mayhem.
Eruption of the takfiris is part of the US plan for regime change in Syria. It is no secret that US allies Saudi Arabia, Qatar and the UAE have financed and armed these terrorists. Even US Vice President Joe Biden said so in a speech at Harvard University on October 2.
Both White House and Pentagon officials are tiptoeing around the idea of the buffer zone but the fact that it is being brought up so frequently indicates it is under serious consideration and plans are well advanced to put it in place.
The implications are clear: this would bring American and other western troops to occupy parts of Syria. Creeping annexation and ultimately direct attacks on Syrian forces would quickly ensue.
The Canadian government announced plans on October 7 to send CF-18 planes and hundreds of “advisors” to Iraq, initially for a six-month period against the takfiris. This may be extended.
The British and French governments are also on board as are Australia and Denmark. The invasion and re-occupation of the Middle East starting with Iraq and Syria are well underway.”
via Sons of Malcolm: GOOD STATEMENT ON KOBANE FROM TURKISH COMMUNIST PARTY:
“The Communist Party of Turkey strongly condemns the policy that aims at keeping the threat of massacre alive over the Kurdish people in Kobane, the civilian and official fascist attacks against solidarity demonstrations in several cities of Turkey, the imperialist assault carried out by using IS, Free Syrian Army and other similar terrorist organizations. We call on our people to raise the following demands against this blood game staged by the AKP government together with the US and other reactionary forces.
1. The hostile policies adopted against Syria must me ceased.
2. All kinds of assistance given to those forces of “opposition” in Syria must be stopped immediately.
3. The present situation, which is a violation of the sovereign rights of Syria and paves the way for IS, must be terminated.
4. In the context of the struggle against IS, the Free Syrian Army and similar organizations, the world must collaborate with the Syrian government. The plans and demands for excluding Damascus from the struggle against IS must be abandoned.
5. All demands of the Ankara government that are targeting at the sovereignty of Syria (including forming security and no-flight zones in Syria and supplying training and equipment to the so-called moderate opposition) must be withdrawn. The governments must be forced to retreat from being partners of an international coalition, which has been formed in reality not against IS but Syria.
6. The volunteers, who want to cross the border into Kobane, must be allowed.
7. Plans to carry out cross border military incursions must be abandoned.
8. The curfews declared in six cities of Turkey as of today must be revoked.
9. Investigation must start against the aggressors, who caused the death of the protestors in the demonstrations held in several cities.
10. The reactionary educational practices, which help IS and similar organizations in recruiting people and gain social support base, must be abandoned.
11. The reactionary religious organizations, which functions as a support base to IS and similar terrorist organizations, must be dissolved.”
THE FLAG OF EQUALITY AND FREEDOM WILL BE WAVING IN THE MIDDLE EAST!