Recently, I spoke with Michael Welch of Global Research News Hour, for his episode, “Truth and Lies of the Syrian Conflict”.
Michael Welch’s introduction includes:
“The Syrian crisis is once again making headlines. In particular, humanitarian agencies like UNICEF, AVAAZ, Human Rights Watch and Amnesty International are blaming Syrian and Russian airstrikes for civilian deaths in East Ghoutta while completely ignoring the carnage meted out by rebel factions in the area.
While such respected agencies, as well as supposedly independent media outlets like Democracy Now may fall short of actually endorsing war, the distorted coverage and one-sided humanitarian narratives they relay play into the hands of the military interventionists.
This week’s installment of the Global Research News Hour returns its gaze to Syria and attempts to provide a fuller picture of what’s happening on the ground and why.
First up is Eva Bartlett. She has visited Syria frequently over the last several years, interviewing numerous people in all parts of Syria. She can attest to the important stories that are being deliberately weeded out of the corporate press. In her conversation with the Global Research News Hour (transcribed below) she details missing reporting about terrorist activities in the country. She also corrects the record on the meme of her being on Russia’s payroll, while disclosing areas where the objectivity of UN and other humanitarian agencies are compromised.
We next hear from Damascus-based journalist Tom Duggan. He speaks about the shelling of schools, hospitals and other non-military targets by militants in East Ghouta and the suffering that has resulted. He also elaborates on the way Western sanctions against Syria have contributed to the humanitarian disaster in the city.
Finally, Patrick Henningsen returns to the program. The geopolitical analyst has been to Syria in the last year. He addresses the actual reasons for U.S. interest in the overthrow and undermining of President Assad. He also gets into Washington’s ‘Plan B’ for Syria and interprets Turkish operations in Afrin, Israeli involvement near Damascus, and Kurdish activity within the north of Syria within that context.”
“Eva Bartlett is a Canadian independent journalist and activist. She spent years on the ground covering conflict zones in the Middle East, especially in Syria and Palestine.
She’s a recipient of the international journalism reward for international reporting from the Mexican Press Club in 2017. Bartlett maintains that the major press have based their assertions about the Syrian conflict on unreliable and partisan sources.”
*Bio & Mexican Press Club Award
*On Bilal Abdul Kareem & Bana al-Abed:
*On doctors in Aleppo: Western corporate media ‘disappears’ over 1.5 million Syrians and 4,000 doctors
*On Madaya and east Aleppo:
- Order Returns To Western Cities, Civilians Recount Horrors Of Rebel Rule (on/from Madaya, al-Waer)
- Madaya Bomb Factory (video)
- Men from Madaya speak on terrorists hoarding food, starving civilians (video)
- Madaya prison and torture room (video)
- Terrorists-Wounded Buqayn employee, near Madaya (video)
- Inside Besieged Madaya: ‘Militants sold us 1 kg of rice for $250’ (Murad Gazdiev report)
- Waer: Traces of Terrorists (emblems and signs of occupation) (video)
- What Life Is Like Under ‘Moderate’ Rebel Rule (from/on eastern areas of Aleppo, including the Quds hospital which MSF claimed had been “destroyed”)
- Aleppo civilians find food stockpile at abandoned rebel depot (Reuters)
- Man from Bab al-Hadid, Aleppo, speaking on Syrian army bringing safety, and on all the factions are terrorists (video)
- Aleppo shop owner speaking (June 2017) about renewed safety, and losing many friends to terrorists’ bombings (video)
- Syrian MP Fares Shehabi confronting war propagandist from Channel 4, who refuses to “get into history” over his lies on Aleppo (video)
*UN War Propagandizing:
*On terrorists attacks on humanitarian corridor (Castello road) while I was there in November 2016
*On Omran Daqneesh:
*On terrorism that is whitewashed in corporate media:
*Rebuttals to MSM claims and smears:
*On War Propagandizing Human Rights groups:
*Democracy Now & Counter Punch Shills For War:
*On Foua and Kafraya, besieged by terrorists, starving and bombarded: